Here are the requirements for professional hours and community service to remain in good standing as a member and help our chapter achieve superior status.
If you are in need of community service hours, BAP International has provided the following link for online service: https://www.careeraddict.com/online-volunteering-opportunities
- Who are Attendees?
- Anyone interested in hearing from visiting firms and companies about the industries they represent
- Requirements of being an Attendee:
- Nothing! You are here to learn more and network
- Benefits of Attending
- Education from presentations
- Who are Candidates?
- Candidates are all interested in becoming a member of Beta Alpha Psi
- Requirements to become a Candidate
- Must pay $90 fee that will be sent to BAP Nationals
- Must turn in signed Candidacy Form (found on the BAP website)
- Benefits of being a Candidate:
- All the Benefits of being an attendee as well as:
- Being on track to become a member by the next semester
- Access to the WSU Beta Alpha Psi LinkedIn Group of professionals and alumni
- Who are Members?
- Those who have completed Candidate requirements the previous semester and want to become more involved in BAP
- Requirements to become and remain a Member:
- Must complete all requirements of becoming a candidate as well as:
- Must have passed a 300-level accounting, finance or MIS course with a B or better
- Must pay semesterly dues of $25
- Must attend eight (8) professional hours of meetings per semester
- Four (4) of which can be with another business organization, like the FIRE club, or a Carson College presentation
- Must complete 10 hours of community service per semester
- Six (6) of these must be with Beta Alpha Psi, and four (4) can be with another organization
- Benefits of Attending:
- All the benefits of being a Candidate as well as:
- Members can list BAP on their resumes
- Additional opportunities for networking and ability to
- Graduation with Pin and Stole indicating involvement with BAP
- Who are Officers?
- Officers are those with a passion for all that BAP stands for and a dedication to growing the Delta Epsilon Chapter to provide benefit to all Accounting, Finance and MIS majors across the university
- Requirements of being an Officer
- Must be a member in good standing (dues paid, hours earned, etc.)
- Must run for a position and be elected by members
- Must serve for a full year long term
- Benefits of becoming an Officer
- All of the benefits of being a member with additional benefits including:
- Interaction with professions on a more frequent level
- Opportunity to improve BAP for others
- Experience working on a team of peers to improve operations, grow membership, and improve university-wide professionalism
- Who are Alumni?
- Any graduated member or candidate of Beta Alpha Psi
- Requirements of being an Alumnus
- Must have been an initiated member of the Chapter and be a graduate of the university
- Benefits of being an Alumnus
- Connection to the university after graduation
- Ability to “pay it forward” to the next generation of Cougs!
- Opportunity to join the WSU Beta Alpha Psi LinkedIn group of other current and future professionals